Effective Date: May 26, 2023
- The ways we collect personal data about you and why we do so
- How we use your personal data, and
- The choices you have about your personal data.
If you have questions about data protection, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal data, we encourage you to primarily contact us through the support features within each Wharf Street Studios game, so we can reply to you more quickly. Alternatively, you may contact:
Name of the controller: Wharf Street Studios
Address: Level 39, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AB
The categories of personal data we collect depend on the Services you use, and the requirements of applicable law.
- Contact information (such as name and email address or phone numbers)
- Player name or tag and password
- Profile information (such as profile photo)
- Your messages and other content you submit when you use the Service (such as chat logs and player support tickets)
- Data you provide in connection with surveys, promotions, sweepstakes, competitions, and other events
- Data about your account and game progress, including in most cases an automatically created internal account ID
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device or advertising ID)
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language, internet service provider, and mobile carrier
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies (see more below)
- Approximate location data (as derived from IP address)
- Data about your use of the Service, such as gameplay data, purchases made, and your interactions with other players inside the Service
We use your data for a variety of business purposes, such as:
To perform the contract, we process the data necessary to
- Create accounts and allow you to play our games and use our Service
- Operate the Service
- Verify and confirm payments
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request
- Send you Service-related communications
To provide a great Service to our players, we have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing necessary data to
- Update and develop player profiles
- Develop and improve the Service and player experience
- Manage our relationship with you
- Provide social features as part of the Service
- Customize your Service experience
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide player support
- Provide you with Wharf Street Studios offers in the Service as well as in other websites and services (including by email)
- Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages
- Enable you to communicate with other players
To show you personalized advertisements in the Service and elsewhere (including email) we have a legitimate interest in processing the necessary data to
- Track the content you access in connection with the Service and your online behavior
- Deliver, target, and improve our advertising and the Service
For information on how to opt out of personalized advertisements, see the section 'Your Rights and Options' below.
Ensuring a level playing field in the Service is a top priority for us. For more information on our acceptable use policy; Wharf Street Studios Terms of Service. In order to keep the Service and its social features safe and fair, fight fraud, and ensure acceptable use otherwise, we have a legitimate interest in processing necessary data to
- Analyze and monitor the use of the Service and its social feature
- Moderate chats either automatically or manually
- Take action against fraudulent or misbehaving players
In all of the above cases and purposes, we may analyze, profile, and segment all collected data.
With your consent, we may process your data for additional purposes.
Apart from Wharf Street Studios, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations:
Social features are a core component of our games. Other players and users may, for example, see your profile data, and in-game activities and read the messages you have posted.
Wharf Street Studios has vendors who help us to provide the Service. These vendors process your data only at and according to Wharf Street Studios's instructions to provide the Service and perform tasks such as hosting, player support, advertising, analytics, and fraud prevention.
In order to verify payments (with payment providers such as Paypal) and combat fraud and illegal activity, we may process and disclose data with other companies and organizations and provide it to public authorities in response to lawful requests. We may also disclose your data based on your consent, to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our players, or others.
The Service includes features from our partners, such as social media interaction tools, functionalities through application programming interfaces (APIs) or software development kits (SDKs), and in-game advertising.
If you wish to limit behaviourally targeted advertising, you can do so by limiting ad tracking in your device settings. Please note that opt-outs are specific to each browser and device and it may take a little bit of time before your opt-out will take effect.
For mobile advertising in apps, you can reset your Advertising Identifier and depending on your device, select to opt out of interest-based ads (Android) or turn on the Limit Ad Tracking setting (iOS).
For display advertising on the Web, you can also adjust your browser settings to limit certain tracking by means of cookies, and by visiting the following sites:
We also use partners to perform services for us as processors, such as Branch for attribution. These partners do not use your data for additional purposes and your opt-outs can also affect these partners.
These partners may access your data and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices.
These partners may access data regarding your activities and your device (such as your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, and time of day). We may also combine and share data we have collected about you with third-party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this data (and similar data collected from other services) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third-party services within their networks. These partners may operate under their own privacy policies. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” If you prefer not to share your personal data with third-party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions in “Your Rights and Options” below.
We may send you push notifications through our mobile applications. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
You can opt out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and turning off “Allow Apps to Request to Track” or selecting 'Limit Ad Tracking' (Apple iOS) or 'Opt-out of Interest-Based Ads' (Android). You can also opt out of personalized in-game offers through the options provided in the game settings (where applicable).
If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object to how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can always withdraw your consent.
We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you may also contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the UK for unresolved complaints.
If you wish to exercise any of your data subject rights described above, please use the support options described in “Contact Us” above. We will respond to all requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we may also take additional steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by requesting you provide us a purchase receipt or other account information, asking you to link your email address with your game account (for example through Wharf Street Studios ID), or asking you to answer questions regarding your activities on our Services. Once you have verified your identity, you may also designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf by providing the agent's contact information to our customer support staff, as required by applicable law. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment as a result of your exercise of these rights.
We and our partners collect and store information about users' interactions with unaffiliated websites and applications that use our technologies, including cookies and similar tracking technologies. This allows us to infer the presence of a common user or household behind multiple devices or browsers, for instance, and then link those browsers and devices into a device graph. We do so in order to
- detect and prevent fraud;
- allow users to use the Service on one device and pick up seamlessly where they left off on another device;
- analytics, personalization, and attribution;
- limit the number of times a user is shown the same advertisement, across all known or inferred devices; and/or
- provide personalized advertising on each device that is inferred from the browsing patterns on all of the devices.
You can disable cookies in your browser settings, but some parts of the Service may then not function properly.
In order to help ensure a secure and safe player experience, we are continuously developing and implementing administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse, or alteration.
We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Service. We may for example periodically de-identify unused game accounts, and we may regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data. Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Protecting children’s privacy online is very important to us. Generally, our Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and the Services do not knowingly collect personal data from children, except as described in the following paragraph. For games that are not directed at children but nonetheless may appeal to them, we take additional steps to limit access to these Services based on the player's age. For these Services, when a player indicates they are under 13 (or the applicable age in their territory), we will limit their access to certain features, such as social media and chat features, as well as certain types of notification alerts. We also limit the processing of personal data to only what is necessary to support the internal operations of our Services.
Please note that for some of our Services, we may use a higher age limit (such as 16) than described in the above two paragraphs. We do this to provide a safe game experience for our players and to protect Young Players.
If you are a parent or guardian and wish to review personal data collected from your child or have that information modified or deleted, you may contact us as described above. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal data contrary to the above, we will delete any personal data we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it and terminate the child's account and/or revert them to the underage experience, as applicable.